An opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the HR team at Glamorgan County Cricket Club as a Staffing Officer part-time.
Salary: £9 per hour, paid weekly. Flexible Working Available.
Hours of work: 16 hours per week. The position has the benefit of flexible hours/shifts. A work schedule would be agreed, in advance, periodically to suit the business and successful applicant. The number of hours per shift and what days, also can be flexible. There may be an occasional requirement for weekends and bank holiday working, but this would not be as standard.
Location: Glamorgan County Cricket Club, SSE SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff, CF11 9XR.
Start date: Immediate, position open until the right person is recruited.
Job Summary: We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Staffing Officer to administer the Conference and Event requirements for our clients at GCCC. The main objectives for this role are to provide a cost-effective staffing solution and maintain the day to day administration within the HR Department. Whilst no experience within HR is required, good administrative skills are essential, with the ability to be highly organised and self-starting.
The successful candidate will be integral to the recruitment selection process at the SSE SWALEC, building positive relationships with clients and staff, monitoring weekly staffing levels and administering weekly payroll.
The HR Team are responsible for providing a full staffing solution for all events within the SSE SWALEC. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively at all levels, build good working relationships internally and externally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to organise and manage your own work time;
• Liaise with other departments to ensure effective completion of staffing requirements and rotas;
• Maintenance of casual staffing database;
• Support all recruitment and selection activities;
• Keen attention to detail on administrative tasks;
• Support with the processing of weekly payroll;
• Assists in the staffing management during events;
• HR administration;
• Help with the maintenance and revision of company policies and procedures;
• Undertake any other reasonable task as requested;
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
• Polite and approachable with good communication skills;
• Team worker with “can do” attitude;
• Experience of recruitment or in-house staffing role is advantageous;
• Good organisational skills;
• Strong administrative skills;
• Flexible in approach and adaptable to change;
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft packages;
• Self-starting with the ability to work efficiently.
Applicants ideally must live within daily travelling distance of Cardiff and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
If you are interested in this Staffing Officer role please email your CV to Matthew Thomas, HR and Staffing Manager to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org