Glamorgan County Cricket Club moved into Sophia Gardens in 1967, which was renovated and expanded over the winter of 2007/08 and turned the ground into the world-class cricket stadium and events space it is today.
From hosting major outdoor concerts to staging fireworks nights and darts events, Sophia Gardens has a history of putting on a show.
We don't just do those huge public displays - if you're looking for your own private space or somewhere to host your conference or company day out, we've got you covered.
Please note that the stadium is now closed, and the club is operating with a reduced team of staff until further notice.
If you have any non-ticketing enquiries, please email email@example.com.
All other email addresses are not being monitored at present.
Ticketing, hospitality and membership queries:
Please be informed that our ticket office is working with a reduced team in order to process refunds and account credits for both memberships and tickets. In agreement with the ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board), the cricket season does not restart until 1st August, and competitions will be held behind closed doors.
We will keep our website and social channels updated with the very latest information.
Thank you for your understanding.
1. A WARM WELSH WELCOMEOur staff are long-serving and our clients love us. We pride ourselves on being accommodating, pro-active and easy to deal with.
2. PARK AT THE DOORParking on site is free, secure and close to the door. We've also got space for helicopter landings as Prince Charles will testify.
3. SUPER SPEEDY WI-FIThe techies tell us you can download at 83.28Mbps and upload at 59.17Mbps. That's lightning-quick.
4. EXCEPTIONAL FOODDid you hear the one about the two Welshmen, the Frenchman and the Italian? Executive Chef John Chapman and his lauded brigade have forged an exceptional reputation for the consistent excellence of their cuisine as well as the use of local and seasonal produce.
5. ROOMS WITH A VIEWWe've got the best back garden in Cardiff with a manicured lawn that's fit to stage international cricket (which we frequently do). Oh, and we’re also surrounded by Bute Park, Sophia Gardens and Pontcanna Fields.
6. ETHICAL CREDENTIALSSustainable sourcing, a commitment to recycling and a partnership with Keep Wales Tidy – we are caring corporate citizens.
7. MORE SPACE THAN ANYONEOur Sophia Hall can host a banquet for 550 or seat 800 theatre-style. We've got six additional lounges with capacities in excess of 100 and a further 23 executive boxes perfect for break-outs. We’ll even let you put a marquee on the lawn.
8. BIG-TIME EXPERIENCE A Rugby World Cup Party for 1,000, a 3 month-long training programme for John Lewis and The Welsh Conservative Party Spring Conference. We’re in your corner when its time to shine.
9. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATIONWe're in central Cardiff. CF11 9XR to be exact – less than one mile from Cardiff Central Station and five miles from junction 32 of the M4.
10. TRANSPARENT PRICINGNo hidden extras, no nasty surprises. Just clear, consistent pricing for the things you need to manage your event.
Still need a little further convincing?
Looking for directions on how to get to Sophia Gardens? Want to know more about the history of the ground?
Click here for more information.