SOPHIA GARDENS CARDIFF GROUND REGULATIONS
1) Prohibited Items
- Sharp implements such as knives and forks
- Firearms, weapons, knives and imitation weapons
- Glass bottles and containers
- Cans (soft drinks and alcohol)
- Fireworks, explosives and flammable items
- Air horns/blow horns
- All musical instruments including whistles
- Gas Containers
- Illegal drugs
- Animals (except guide dogs)
2) The following items are authorised:
- Personal (folding) umbrellas
- Cooler bags/boxes
- Own foodstuff (with plastic cutlery)
- Soft drinks/water in plastic containers (tops to be removed, although stewards may in certain conditions allow tops to remain – e.g. for medical conditions, elderly persons, family usage)
- Cameras and video cameras (for recreational and non commercial use only)
- Flags and banners provided that – in the opinion of the Stadium they are not vulgar, political, racial, discriminatory, sexual in nature or display advertising which may in any way impinge or will be in conflict with, the rights of the partners/sponsors/suppliers/vendors or the event (in any language) or deemed to be offensive, or impact on the view of other spectators. Sticks should not protrude more than 12 inches below the flag.
- Small radios, CD/DVD/MP3 players – only with headphones
- Glass containers – perfume, prescription medication, insect repellent
- Aerosol deodorant, medication or insect repellent
- Cigarette lighters and matches
Lists of prohibited items will be displayed prominently at the Stadium and will be communicated to those purchasing tickets during the season.
Stewards on entry teams will search all bags and persons and will refuse entry of any articles on the list. They may confiscate such items and if facilities allow offer collection upon leaving the Ground.
The Stadium reserves the right to refuse entry to any person carrying any other items or substances which may be deemed to be offensive, disruptive, dangerous or likely to infringe any party’s rights, safety or security, or any dangerous article or substance not referred to above.
3) General Regulations
- All matches are played in accordance with the rules and regulations of both Glamorgan County Cricket Club and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
- Everyone entering the ground is admitted subject to compliance with these ground regulations. Search is a condition of entry.
- Spectators who encroach onto the field of play will be detained by stewards and handed over to the police for further action.
- Drunkenness will not be tolerated and will lead to action by stewards. Entry to the venue by a person deemed to be drunk will not be allowed and poor behaviour arising from excess drinking once inside the venue, will draw a warning and will lead to ejection and may result in police arrest.
- The Club will eject and/or ask the police to arrest spectators behaving in the following way:
- Singing indecent songs or using indecent language or making indecent gestures.
- Making unnecessary noise arising from the use of radios, whistles, bells, cans or persistent chanting.
- Unreasonably obstructing the view of any fellow-spectator.
- Causing damage to any part of the club premises.
- Racial chanting or the use of racial language.
- Under no circumstances may any person at the ground use a mobile telephone, computer or other kind of communication device either (i) to communicate or in any way transmit any form of commentary, data or other material in relation to a cricket match taking place at the ground for any kind of improper betting or other corrupt or unlawful purpose; or (ii) to conduct betting activity in a public pitch-facing part of the ground in a way which, in Glamorgan CCC (or its appointed nominee’s) opinion, otherwise brings the game or Glamorgan CCC into disrepute or which offends (or is likely to offend) other spectators.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only
- No animals other than guide dogs are allowed into the Stadium
- The Stadium reserves the right for its servants and agents to remove from the Stadium any person/s who do not comply with the above regulations, or whose presence is, or could reasonably be construed as constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to others