The home of Glamorgan Cricket plays host to many prestigious and exciting events all year round, including international and domestic cricket fixtures, music concerts, dinners, award ceremonies, conferences and more.
Please note the following when applying for roles with Glamorgan CCC:
Applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org unless stated otherwise
Salary Range: £45,000 - £48,000
Role: Full time
Location: Glamorgan Cricket Club, Sophia Gardens Stadium, Cardiff, CF11 9XR.
Start date: From April 2019
Sophia Gardens stadium is the home of Glamorgan County Cricket Club and we are recruiting to fulfil the role of a Lead Physiotherapist for the Club.
The aim of the Glamorgan sports science and medicine strategy is to optimise the Club’s best players’ availability and performance through the provision of outstanding sports science and medicine services. The Lead Physiotherapist will be responsible for the provision of physiotherapy support to the professional playing staff of Glamorgan CCC.
• Coordinate physiotherapy support all year round to the county professional squad
• Provide management and leadership to other Physiotherapists employed or engaged by the Club
• Coordinating medical support system for players through the club Medical Officer and network of specialists in diagnostics, orthopaedics and any other required fields.
• In conjunction with the County’s Strength and Conditioning (S&C) Coach and sports medic provide a multidiscipline support network with the overall aim of minimising days lost during the county cricket season, improving performance and fitness levels to all professional and development programme players.
• Using screening and assessment results to develop an injury prevention strategy both to the individual and the team as a whole, and implement these protocols with S&C coach in line with the Director of Cricket’s overall strategy.
• In collaboration with the S&C Coach, Director of Cricket, Head Coach and Head of Talent Development, formally monitor and review players’ workloads at regular management meetings.
• Provide ‘under terms of contract/policy’, Physiotherapy support and supervision to England centrally contracted, and England Development Squad players as necessary. In conjunction with ECB National Cricket Performance Centre Staff, establish, communicate and monitor ‘shared’, injury prevention and management programmes for those players.
• Provide or locally coordinate rehabilitation support services to the identified England players based at Glamorgan CCC. Ensuring year-round services are provided by suitably qualified Physiotherapists.
• Participate in the annual ECB/Physiotherapists in County Cricket meeting and contribute to ongoing CPD and Science and Medicine Congress programmes.
• Undertake appropriate professional development to keep abreast of world’s best practice.
• Provide operational leadership and management of S&C programmes and high qualify delivery to Glamorgan CCC players and teams including the co-ordination of the annual ECB science and medicine audit
• Work closely with the Head Coach and Head of Talent Development to develop and deliver integrated support programmes meeting the performance and development needs of Glamorgan CCC players
• Performance benchmarking and quality management processes for all aspects of Physiotherapy based on ‘best practice’
• Work with the Director of Cricket, Head Coach and other senior managers of Glamorgan CCC to align science and medicine to corporate goals
• Liaise closely with the Head Coach, and be prepared to undertake any other duties related to the work of these functions
Applicants ideally must live within daily travelling distance of Cardiff and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to Amanda Simisker, Head of Events, Catering & HR at email@example.com
This vacancy will close on Friday 15th February and interviews will take place week on Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd February 2019.
Venue Accreditation Manager - CWC19
Each role will start in May, and will run for around 20 days.
CWC19 - We’re introducing this exciting role to assist in managing the Accreditation operations at a match venue for the Cricket World Cup 2019. As a Venue Accreditation Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Venue Accreditation Centre including the staffing and volunteers. You will also be responsible for production and distribution of Accreditation to Tournament Stakeholders, providing issue resolution and ensuring the smooth running of access control across the venue.
please click on the link below for further details --
Hospitality and Catering Supervisor
There's an opportunity to join the team at Sophia Gardens Cardiff as Hospitality and Catering Supervisor. The full-time role to lead and manage the provision of the venue's “warm Welsh welcome” and excellent customer service.
Working hours will be variable as the business dictates and can include daytime, evening, weekends & bank holidays
CLICK HERE for more information
If you would like to express your interest in joining please send your CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Casual Staff (event day)
We are looking to recruit casual workers who can deliver an excellent food and beverage service to the many people who visit Sophia Gardens Cardiff. We want to attract people who take pride on providing exceptional customer service with a smile, make a positive contribution to the enjoyment and experience of our visitors, be a brand ambassador for Glamorgan Cricket and to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team.
The shifts at Glamorgan Cricket are of a casual nature and work is offered as and when we have events and functions scheduled. Shifts can be anything from 4 to 12 hours long depending on the type of event and client requirements. The duties of the role can include bar work, plate waiting work, kitchen porter and setting up and breakdown of events.
Glamorgan Cricket is an exciting place to work and provides you the opportunity to develop your personal and technical skills. You will get to experience the wide variety of events that we host Glamorgan Cricket and be an integral part of the overall experience.
CLICK HERE for more information